Code License managed by tldb, submitted on 2016/04/20.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. Only you, "one user", can use this software license. You can back it up, but you cannot share/transfer it.
2. LICENSE RESTRICTIONS. You can't do anything to this software besides use it like a normal person with a GoPro editing videos and the like.
3. DATA COLLECTION. GoPro can collect info on the way you use the GoPro App.
4. OWNERSHIP OF SOFTWARE. You don't own this software, you are just using it. And you still can't do anything to it besides use it as intended.
5. FEEDBACK. If you give GoPro feedback it can use that feedback however they want.
6. UPGRADES. If your software is an upgrade then the same rules still apply as if it were a new install. You cannot do anything to it.
7. USE OF GOPRO EDIT TEMPLATES. If you use GoPro templates you cannot use them to profit off of. You cannot change them. And you cannot use the templates in videos that are offensive in a long, very various list of ways. Your video can be removed by GoPro
8. Your Content. You own all the rights to your content that you create. By using GoPro editing software you are saying that you own the content produced therein.
9. NO WARRANTY. Title says it all. There is no warranty whatsoever.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. They're not liable for anything that happens in conjunction with the use of this software. And even if they are, they're pretty sure they're not.
11. INDEMNITY. Your not going to blame GoPro for anything that happens. Including anything that you stupidly do with it that could cause anyone harm.
12. TERM AND TERMINATION. The license is in effect until terminated. This can happen by removing the software yourself or by a violation of this license. If the latter, you need to uninstall the software.
13. U.S. GOVERNMENT END USERS. If you are the government, you are under the same terms as anyone else using the software.
14. EXPORT LAW. You must follow all U.S. export law which may or may not allow you to export this software.
15. MISCELLANEOUS. There's too many different things in this paragraph. You need to read this one yourself.
16. CONTACT INFORMATION. Contact them at http://gopro.com/help.
Acceptance will bind you to the license terms in a legally enforceable contract with GoPro. If you are accepting the terms of this EULA on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that company or other legal entity to the terms of this EULA, and, in such event, “you” and “your” will refer to that company or other legal entity. If you do not accept all the terms of this EULA, then GoPro is unwilling to license the Software to you, and you must destroy all copies of the Software.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. Conditioned upon your compliance with the terms and conditions of this EULA, GoPro grants to you a non-exclusive and non-transferable license for a single user to load, install and run one machine readable copy of the Software on a single computer, solely for your personal or internal business use. You may make a single copy of the Software for backup purposes, provided that you reproduce on it all copyright and other proprietary notices that are on the original copy of the Software. GoPro reserves all rights in the Software not expressly granted to you in this EULA.
2. LICENSE RESTRICTIONS. Except as expressly and unambiguously permitted by this EULA, you shall not: (a) copy (except in the course of loading or installing) or modify the Software, including, but not limited to, adding new features or otherwise making adaptations that alter the functioning of the Software; (b) transfer, sublicense, rent, lease, sublicense, lend or otherwise distribute the Software to any third party; (c) make the functionality of the Software available to multiple users through any means, including, but not limited to, by uploading the Software to a network or file-sharing service or through any hosting, application services provider, service bureau, software-as-a-service or any other type of services. You acknowledge and agree that portions of the Software, including, but not limited to, the source code and the specific design and structure of individual modules or programs, constitute or contain trade secrets of GoPro and its licensors. Accordingly, you agree not to reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, or create any derivative work of the Software, in whole or part, or permit or authorize a third party to do so, except to the extent such activities are expressly permitted by law notwithstanding this prohibition.
4. OWNERSHIP OF SOFTWARE. Your copy of the Software is licensed, not sold. GoPro retains ownership of the copyright, title and ownership of the Software and any accompanying written materials ("Documentation"), including all intellectual property rights therein, regardless of the form or media in or on which the original and other copies may exist. The Software is protected by United States copyright law and international treaties. You will not delete or in any manner alter the copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights notices or markings appearing on the Software as delivered to you.
5. FEEDBACK. If you provide any comments, suggestions or other feedback to GoPro with respect to the Software, you hereby grant GoPro a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free license to use any such feedback for any business purpose of GoPro.
6. UPGRADES. If this copy of the Software is an upgrade from an earlier version of the Software, it is provided to you on a license exchange basis. Upon your download, installation and use of this copy of the Software, the license granted to you for the earlier version of the Software will automatically terminate, with or without notice from GoPro, and you will promptly destroy or return to GoPro all copies of the earlier version of the Software in your possession or control.
7. USE OF GOPRO EDIT TEMPLATES. The Software contains sample audiovisual works incorporating video cuts and musical content (“GoPro Edit Templates”). Subject to the terms of this EULA, you may use the GoPro Edit Templates, solely as specified in the Software, to create videos incorporating your own original video cuts and the supplied musical content (“User Videos”). For User Videos that utilize musical content supplied by the Software, you may create, display and distribute your User Videos through social media sites and other Internet websites, for non-commercial purposes only. You may not use, copy, display or distribute the GoPro Edit Templates or the included content in any other manner or for any other purpose, and GoPro and its licensors retain all copyrights and other proprietary rights in the GoPro Edit Templates and such content. If you use the GoPro bumpers you must retain them without modification. In addition, you may not use the GoPro Edit Templates to create, distribute or display any User Videos or other content that: (i) is defamatory, obscene or pornographic; (ii) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (iii) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s intellectual property rights or rights of publicity or privacy; (iv) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation; (vi) promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any person or entity; or (vi) promotes illegal activities or substances. You agree that GoPro and its licensors may remove or authorize removal of any User Videos that violate any terms of this EULA from any websites or other media without notice or liability to you.
8. Your Content. In order to create User Videos using the Software, you must use your own, original video content (“Content”). By using your Content in connection with the Software, you represent and warrant that you own and/or have all necessary rights to the Content to use it as contemplated by the Software. As between GoPro and you, you retain all right, title and interest in your Content, including all intellectual property rights.
9. NO WARRANTY. THIS SOFTWARE, GOPRO EDIT TEMPLATES AND DOCUMENTATION ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. GOPRO DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATING TO THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. GOPRO DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE OBTAINED FROM GOPRO OR ELSEWHERE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS EULA.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL GOPRO BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, OR OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS) OR FOR THE COST OR PROCURING SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS EULA OR THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE OR GOPRO EDIT TEMPLATES, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT GOPRO HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL GOPRO'S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU, FROM ALL CAUSES OF ACTION AND UNDER ALL THEORIES OF LIABILITY, EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING ANY PACKAGE THAT INCLUDES THE SOFTWARE. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL SURVIVE AND APPLY EVEN IF ANY LIMITED REMEDY SPECIFIED IN THIS EULA IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
11. INDEMNITY. You shall indemnify and hold GoPro harmless from any claims, damages, liabilities, costs and fees (including reasonable attorney fees) arising from (i) your use of the Software (including the GoPro Edit Templates), (ii) your failure to comply with any term of this EULA; and (iii) any claim that your Content infringes the intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights of a third party.
12. TERM AND TERMINATION. The license granted under this EULA shall continue in effect until terminated. You may terminate this EULA at any time by destroying all copies of the Software in your possession or control. The license and this EULA will automatically terminate, with or without notice from GoPro, if you violate any provision of this EULA. Any termination of this EULA shall also terminate the licenses granted hereunder. Upon termination of this EULA for any reason, you shall promptly destroy and remove from all computers, hard drives, networks, and other storage media all copies of the Software in your possession or control and cease all use of the Software. You shall not be entitled to any refund as a result of any termination of this Agreement. Sections 2, 4, 5, and 8 through 15, shall survive termination or expiration of this EULA.
13. U.S. GOVERNMENT END USERS. The Software and Documentation are “commercial items” as that term is defined in FAR 2.101, consisting of “commercial computer software” and “commercial computer software documentation,” respectively, as such terms are used in FAR 12.212 and DFARS 227.7202. If the Software and Documentation are being acquired by or on behalf of the U.S. Government, then, as provided in FAR 12.212 and DFARS 227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, as applicable, the U.S. Government’s rights in the Software and Documentation will be only those specified in this EULA.
14. EXPORT LAW. You agree to comply fully with all U.S. export laws and regulations to ensure that neither the Software nor any technical data related thereto nor any direct product thereof are exported or re-exported directly or indirectly in violation of, or used for any purposes prohibited by, such laws and regulations.
15. MISCELLANEOUS. This Agreement represents the complete understanding and agreement concerning the subject matter between the parties and supersedes all prior agreements, understandings and communications, oral or written, between the parties, unless you and GoPro have executed a separate agreement. GoPro reserves the right to modify this EULA and will give you reasonable notice of any changes. Your continued use of the Software after such notice will indicate your consent to any such changes. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent possible and the other provisions will remain in full force and effect. The failure by either party to enforce any provision of this EULA will not constitute a waiver of future enforcement of that or any other provision. You may not assign or transfer this EULA or any rights granted hereunder, by operation of law or otherwise, without GoPro’s prior written consent, and any attempt by you to do so, without such consent, will be void. GoPro expressly reserves the right to freely assign this Agreement and to delegate any of its obligations hereunder. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed under California law, without regard to conflict of laws principles. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply. The sole and exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any legal action or proceeding arising under this EULA shall be the state and federal courts in San Mateo County, California, and the parties hereby consent to the personal jurisdiction and venue therein.
16. CONTACT INFORMATION. If you have any questions regarding this EULA, you may contact GoPro through GoPro’s support page at http://gopro.com/help.
Use to manage open source licenses, from the creators of tl;drLegal